2012-04-16

I want colour

apr15-jpt-chickonhand-cs

I went for a walk yesterday, and snapped a few photos.

Things are still dull at the moment. And seeing the lovely colourful photos you're all posting is making me long for colour to return to this part of the planet.

So, back to the walk. It was just so ... brown.

And beige.

But mostly brown.

Even the critters. Even the critters' eyeballs. Even the treats for the brown-eyed critters.

apr15-jpt-squirrel-3

Okay, there is new growth, but still ...

Beige.

On brown.

Against a brown background.

apr15-jpt-newgrowth

Maybe a hint of reddish-brown.

apr15-jpt-browntrail

Brown.

And I'm not saying brown is bad -- I'm just looking for a little less brown.

And a lot of non-brown.

I want this:

Flowers from last spring

Waiting in Ottawa.

Impatiently.

(PS. I'm also blaming brown for the lack of posts -- it's just, I didn't want to ruin brown for you all as well, what with the many, many, many photos I've taken featuring ... tada: the colour brown. Ha!)

;-)

11 comments:

  1. I hope you get that color soon but thanks for giving us such a treat while you wait.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm surprised you don't have any trees blooming yet. I assumed we were one of the last ones to get color here in New England. You hold on Candis. I know your day is coming very, very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Andi and Sharon!

    Here's hoping it won't be too much longer.

    Sharon -- I think we have similar trends to you all there. The trees in the city seem to be well on their way to budding and some are even flowering. :) Not so much for those on my regular jaunts though. They seem to be quite a bit behind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to send my cyber hug to you , and then return to soak up the beauty of each and every one of those not brown photos.
    We've had the strangest spring ( Burlington) . There is colour in unexpected places, and then so much dry and limp brownish green. Strange.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Deb!

      So it's been so long since I've posted that not only has the blogger interface changed, but we can now reply to comments! Wow ... :D

      It's been such weird end of winter/ start of spring, I agree. Thanks for the hug and here's one back to you too. {{{Deb}}}

      Delete
  5. I know what you mean. And when it comes, it will be thrilling and it will be worth the wait. I promise!
    Still, your brown photos are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kate! I'm so waiting for that moment ... :D xoxo

      Delete
  6. Well we got a little heat, lets hope the green will start to come now ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Scott - here's hoping! Would also like to get the canoe out soon. :)

      Delete
  7. you're funny. it's like we're living in beige-ing with all this brown. looking forward to your spring 2012 colour photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL John. :D Hopefully in another week or two the leaves will have popped.

      Delete