2011-08-09

Blue and gold

Blue and gold

TOP: Wall covering at Chateau Frontenac in Quebec City, Ceiling in Palace of Versailles, Ceiling in National Gallery of Canada. MIDDLE: Work outside of Chateau Frontenac, Labradorite at the Canadian Museum of Nature, Candles at Notre Dame de Paris. BOTTOM: Morning glory in the garden, Ceiling in Palace of Versailles, Deep blue sky at sunset.

The other day we went to the Canadian Museum of Nature, and I was taken by the beautiful colours and shapes of the rocks and minerals in the Vale Earth Gallery, especially the blues and golds of the Labradorite (above centre). I noticed the same colour combination in the morning glories in the back garden, and went looking for more in past photos.


4 comments:

  1. Remind me if I ever need a colour coordinator to give you a call. What a nicely put together mosaic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seconding Scott.

    I especially like the candle shot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Candis, this is brilliant! A serene and beautiful collection. You make me want to go back to France even though I just got home from there Saturaday. I didn't go to Versailles because by the end of the trip I was running out of steam but have it to look forward to next time. Anyway, thank you for your gorgeous photos and exquisite collection. Wonderful juxtaposition on the images, too. xo – g

    ReplyDelete